Permissible restrictions on freedom of religion and belief
In the article presented M. Novak and T. Vaspernik highlight five possibilities of legislative restriction of rights in the sphere of freedom of conscience and religion. The authors, based on an analysis of the judgments of the European Court of Justice, examine in detail the grounds on which religious rights may be restricted.
- Restrictions on public safety.
- Restrictions on public order.
- Restrictions on public health.
- Restrictions on Moral Protection.
- Restrictions imposed to protect fundamental rights and freedoms
- Other rights and freedoms of others
Facilitating Freedom of Religion and Belief: A Deskbook (2004). Ed. Tore Lindholm, Cole Durham.
Freedom of religion and belief: basic principles (philosophy, legislation, protection of freedom of conscience) (2010). Moscow
Copyright (c) 2019 Religious Freedom
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.